Monday, May 20, 2019

Delete All Emails On The iPhone At Once In A Mailbox

Trying to delete all emails from the inbox or sent, currently you can only delete all emails from the Bin.

Earlier version did have a trash all button, but that has been removed awhile ago.

If your anything like me you don't want to swipe left on each email to delete.

This little trick works

First select the mail box with the emails you want to delete in my case my gmail inbox




Make sure you are NOT on ALL Inboxes, otherwise you will delete all emails including all other mailboxes.

In the inbox folder tap edit

Then select any email


Keep your finger held down on "MOVE" the while BRIEFLY clicking on that same email you just highlighted with a blue tick, remove both fingers. This will take you a few goes to master. 

Be careful this cannot be undone, but if you have come to this blog then your probably fed up with the inability to delete all emails at once.

If you do this from the wrong folder say the ALL INBOXES FOLDER you will delete all emails from all mailboxes, you MUST be in the inbox you want to delete, and it will delete every email in THAT inbox.

Now click on Bin, this will move all email in the inbox into the bin without having to select all the emails and deleting them. In my example below 105 emails.

I do have some mailboxes that I delete emails manually, but for this email address which I use for my security cameras images can be all deleted once viewed. 

No comments: