Saturday, March 2, 2019

Computer Won't Boot Accidentally Deleted Windows Boot Partition MBR

This all started when one of my USB stick (Pen-drive) stopped working, after downloading multiple format tools and trying to format the pen-drive it just refused to work.
In the process of I accidentally damaged my C drive Boot partition and now could not boot into windows.
When I used the original Windows 7 CD it told me during the installation that I could not use this version which was weird as this was the original Windows 7 ultimate CD.
I went to the Microsoft website and downloaded an updated copy.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Enter the original product key then press verify and your download will start.

The new version worked fine and I could use this to go to command prompt and try to retrieve the partition.

In failing this you can always install Windows again and when prompted select Keep My Files
option.


No comments: