Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Harman Kardon Aura Wireless Speaker Connect To WiFi

Before I start, this has been the best sounding wireless speaker I have heard to date.

I did though have problems connecting to the wireless network with the instructions provided.

I did find better instructions here: https://www.harmankardon.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog_Harman/default/dw6d8ebe09/pdfs/Aura_OM_EN.pdf

There are a few different ways to connect this device to the WiFi network including connecting it via Bluetooth first then touching the WiFi button no longer than 1/2 a second, this will bring up a message "Share Wi-Fi Settings?

It just didn't connect, if your network is on DHCP and quite simple you may have more luck.



Bluetooth, direct connection via 3.5 mm jack, or Optical worked fine.

In my case Bluetooth was not an option as i wanted it to connect to my PC via WiFi.

This is what I did to connect the device to my wireless network.

Turn on the device by pressing the power button for around 3 seconds

Make sure the device is not connected via Bluetooth on your iPhone, if it is disconnect now.

On the Aura speaker, touch input select button until it goes green, then hold the WiFi button (located at the rear of the device) for around 5 seconds, it should go from a slow flash to a faster flash.

Go to WiFi settings on you iPhone, then select HK_Aura****, it may take a few goes depending on WiFi signal.

Once connected, the WiFi led will be a solid white on the Aura device

You are now connected as an adhoc connection which basically means you are connected directly to the speaker.

From your iPhone click on the (i) information button, this will tell you the devices IP address (192.168.1.1)

  

From your iPhone web browser type 192.168.1.1 (In some cases your Wifi router may also have the same IP address so don't get confused you are not connected to your wifi's router but directly with the speaker)


From here you can change the name on the device, change WiFi settings or update the firmware of the device.

WARNING EMAIL HARMAN KARDON FIRST 


DO NOT UPDATE UNTIL YOU CAN CONFIRM THE FIRMWARE WITH SUPPLIER


This Firmware Is only for us models: https://www.harmankardon.com/software.html

I updated mine and now have a bricked unit with no possible way of fixing, I am currently in talks with Harman as the firmware did not say it was for US customers only.

*****************************************************************************


We will be changing the network settings.

Click on Select Option and select your wireless router, then click done.


Enter the wireless password, then click save

You will be automatically connected back to your wireless network and the device will now be connected.

You can now connect to the device by using Airplay



If you would like to play music from your PC to the Aura wireless speaker try this nifty program called TuneBlade, It does have a one time price but it was dirt cheap.





Warning Do Not Do This Unless your Unit is Bricked already or from Australia

There is no guarantee this will even work

Australian model ONLY restore Firmware : Link removed







18 comments:

Steve Raka said...

Hello, thanks for your sharing. The network setting is always resetted when i click save. Any additional input?

I tried using usb cable and Bluetooth too prior to pressing white wifi icon for less than 1 sec. No success (white ring flashed 4x as a sign of failure to connect to wifi)

Cartoon Nick Goh said...

hey may i know how to update the firmware?

Loza said...

Sorry for the delay Nick for some reason I was not getting these messages.
I would not update the firmware unless it is absolutely necessary and even then you must get the correct firmware for your country.
I did and i regret it, the firmware I got from the USA website was not for the Australian model and it left me with a heavy paper weight.
As far as I know the firmware for the USA model included support for Spotify but no firmware was available for the Australian model I had.
I eventually was able to get it going with great support from Convoy.
You need to contact (customer.support at harman.com) or in australia (service at convoy.com.au)


Khoo said...

HI. Thanks for the sharing. Is it possible to connect the pendrive to the speaker? my parents prefer the old-fashioned way. Thnaks.

Tobi said...

Hey Loza,

how did you solve the issue?

I am stuck with the same problem on an EU version with no helpful advice from HK support...

Loza said...

Hi Abhi and Tobi,

I got mine going again a long time ago but failed to update the blog i assume.

After many emails back and forth from someone at from Harman.com she gave me a link to some firmware she found a Chinese website, as she said "I had nothing to loose" as it was already bricked.
Anyway please make sure its the Australian model only (I've uploaded a picture of mine today) and only do this if you know what your doing as this could make things worse.
Also you cannot touch the unit while it is uploading the firmware and there can be no power outages.

The link to the Dropbox site will be up for 10 or so minutes as I don't want people to find this link and upgrade their unit.

I was just happy I got the speaker working again as I was in the bad books with my misses for some time. The only reason I originally upgraded the firmware from the US website as it talked about a Spotify update, that was my downfall as the US firmware bricked the unit.

Loza said...

Hi Khoo

The USB port is labelled Service, I have tried a USB stick/Pendrive with music into it and it doesn't work, this is a USB service firmware upgrade port only as far as I know.

Thanks Loza

Unknown said...

Hi Loza, my HK Aura is now bricked due to the firmware update. Can you please provide me with the link for Australian model firmare restore. Many thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Loza,

I have bricked my HK Aura due to the us software update :(

Can I please have the link to the Australian restore firmware. I would really like to try my luck on it. Thank you.

Loza said...

Hi Unknown - You have elected to not publicly share your Profile so its hard to get back to you but I hope read this.
I have placed the link back up for 24 HRS
Thanks Loza

Unknown said...

Hi Loza,

Thank you for your fast respones! I am in the midst of restoring the firmware, I will update to you soon. I really do appreciate your help!

davidfan said...

Hi Loza,

I have bricked my HK Aura due to the us software update too

Can I please have the link to the Australia firmware too ?

davidfan said...

thanks a lot !!!

Unknown said...

Hi Loza,
unfortunatley i have bricked my HK Aura too.
May it be possible to upload the link again?
thank you very much!

Ter said...

May I get the link for downloading firmware ?

Wixo001 said...

Hey guys, last time I use my Aura was like 1.5 year ago, now it wont play music (wifi mode), I see the speaker on spotify but it wont connect when I choose to play audio from it. What could it be? Thanks.

Loza said...

You will need to email support : customer.support@harman.com

Jia Yun said...

Hi loza, mine have the same prob as you but not brick and now looking for a firmware hope to bring it back to live. Had check with local service center it need a board change but the board is EOL. Can you please sent me the link so i could try my luck? Thanks in advance