Friday, July 1, 2011

0x80070570 Error File May Be Corrupt

I was building a new PC (Gigabyte GA-Z68-D3H-B3) installing  a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit (digital download with md5 checked) when this error occurred.

0x80070570 Error File May Be Corrupt

The computer was installed with 2 x 4 Gig corsair ram, 8 Gig total.

I took out one stick of 4 gig and the installation continued but was unstable.

The ram that I had pulled out earlier was also tested it worked.

I placed then both back in after windows 7 installation finished and rebooted.

This worked for a while then found that it would not shutdown properly

I got blue screen of death - dumping of physical memory

The C drive (boot drive) was connected to the Sata 6Gb/s connector and was set in the bios as

AHCI.

I then Changed the bios to IDE but got the same 0x80070570 error

FIX : Swapped the Corsair ram for the Kingston ram khx1600c9d3k2 8gig (2 lots of 4Gigs)

Installed without a hiccup.

The BSOD was happening because of the applecharge.sys.

This is part of the gigabyte installation disk which came with the motherboard.

FIX = Uninstall the on/off charge.






No comments: