Thursday, July 8, 2010

HA1500 Whise Electrostatic

These are an amazing set of speakers. I was introduced to these a few years ago by a friend of mine, who told me that he had a set of electrostatics that I would be excited to listen to. It took me a few years and finally I decided to go to their demonstration sound room in Glen Iris and have a listen to them. I was blown away from the word go. I was used to the (doof doof sound) that I had been listening to for years. The sound was crisp and clear and I could hear every instrument in the song and even the plucking of the strings in the guitar. These were amazing. I was so impressed i connected a second set up as quadraphonic sound. This is running through a pc running windows 7 media centre and music browser. Most electrostatics have a problem in that they need to be placed far away from a wall or the sound would bounce straight back to the speakers. These have a unique design which allows the sound from the rear of the electrostatics to be reflected out the sides. The most impressive feature is that this electrostatic has base. Their woofer Topology as they call it has Dual 8 inch in anti-vibration configuration. Specifications can be found at http://www.winovate.com/products_and_services/electrostatic_speakers.

No comments: