Tuesday, August 17, 2021

100% Disk Usage

 I friend contact me about her Dell desktop computer which was running slow and the task manager was showing 100%.



There didnt seem to be any program that was slowing the cpu, so i got her to check if windows was doing an update and it seemed to have some Dell updates that had failed.

I ended up getting her to remove all dell software then rebooted the pc 

I then disabled windows search, ran a checkdisk, rebooted and all was good.

I found this website that helped me with some of the above steps

https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/100-disk-usage-windows-10.html

*******************************************************************************

To run check disk in dos

In the search type "cmd" then press enter, right click on "Command Prompt" then click on "Run as administrator" press enter


Type "chkdsk /f" press "Y" , this could take some time, once complete reboot the pc.


No comments: