Sunday, September 30, 2018

Windows 10 PC Not Showing Up In Windows 7 Network

This is what I did to fix my issue, I started with the windows 7 Machine.

Go to Start and type Homegroup then double click on the Homegroup to run it.


Scroll to the bottom and click on Start Homegroup Troubleshooter


In my case the troubleshooter couldn't start the Peer name Resolution Protocol

To start it Manually I went to Start then Typed services, then double clicked on the services to run.


I Scrolled down to Peer name Resolution Protocol and double clicked on it to open


In my case it still wouldn't start so I checked its dependencies and found that Peer networking identity manager also needed to be started but it also would not start either.


To fix the problem I made my way to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking and deleted
idstore.sst

If you cant see the AppData folder click on Organize, then Folder and Search Options, then view, then show hidden files and folders and drives.

  
I then made my way to the windows 10 machine

Typed Settings, clicked on it

 Network and Internet

 Then Network Reset


I rebooted both machines and all shared locations were displayed 

No comments: