Sunday, August 20, 2017

iPhone Messages Backed Up To PC

The quickest way is to get an app called iMazing : https://imazing.com

I tried this program on a windows 7 machine with my iPhone 6 Plus

Install the app then connect the iPhone to the PC, run the program.

I noticed that after i had connected to it once the next time iMazing was able to pick up my iPhone via the WiFi network.

Click on Messages, then Export to PDF, Export to Text or Export to CSV



I found that some old messages that had been deleted, were present

In settings, then messages, message history, my messages settings was set to "keep forever".

Not sure if this means that after a message is deleted it keeps the message or the automatic deletion is disabled, either way some old messages were still present, maybe iCloud backup was saving them?

Great little backup program

No comments: