Monday, March 14, 2016

Airplay For Windows Using Tuneblade

I spent hours trying to get a windows media player to work with airplay.

Tried MPlayer, SMplayer, Media centre addin, 5Kplayer and many more with no success.

My default windows media player is VLC and didn't allow Airplay nativelly.

I wanted to wirelessly stream the audio content of a movie from my media PC to the an Aura Harmon Kardon Wireless speaker.

As the PC does not have a wireless card, I needed to do this by streaming the content via the LAN connection to the wireless router, then to the wireless speaker.

There are many few applications that allow you to turn your PC into a Airport server Receiver EG Shairport4w allows you to do just that, you can stream your music from say you mobile to your PC.

Shairport4w : http://lozaelec.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/play-music-from-iphone-ipod-or-ipad-to.html

To get it to though to stream from the PC to a device is difficult without using Airplay in iTunes and that is not always possible as some content would not play in iTunes.

Yes difficult until I discovered Tuneblade.

All I needed to do is click on the play button for HK Aura WF and it work flawlessly.



Tuneblade : http://tuneblade.com/

Trial version allows you to stream for 10 minutes, I would recommend the full version as it was only $10 or so dollars.

I was also able to use the built in audio delay in Vlc.



No comments: