Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Remote Control Program Has Stopped Responding And You Will Be Returned To Windows Media Centre

I was receiving this message when playing music through Music Browser in Windows Media Center.

The music would still play but the remote would stop responding regularly and was getting quite annoying.

I disabled background pictures in media center as I thought this may be adding to the problem but the issue still remained.

I had been using music browser V1.3 for some time now and I never has an issue.

I had install the latest version of Music browser but it was not as good as the old version.

I uninstalled Music browser completely then rebooted and re-installed the old version V1.3 but the issue was still there.

FIX

Run Windows Media Center then scroll to Tasks, then General, then Windows Media Center Setup, then run Run Setup Again.

The only thing I needed to setup again was the TV Tuner card, i skipped the media library setup as I noticed my directories were all there, it also did not change my custom Theme.





No comments: