Friday, June 1, 2012

Windows 8 Consumer Preview Installation

I thought It was time to give windows 8 a go, but I didn't want to install over my current windows 7 version.

First you need to go to :  http://tinyurl.com/6r73prb and downloaded Techlife Windows 8 Maker.

Install it.

It should look like this when done.



You will need to download both Windows8.Iso and VMware Player 4.

You can do this by clicking on the Click here on the Techlife Machine Maker application.

Once downloaded, install VMware, then click on "Find Windows 8 Iso image".

Choose the location of the Iso image you downloaded earlier, then click on Create And Launch Machine.

This will bring up a location window,choose where you would like to save the files.

I chose my documents, you will need at least 25gig space.

VMware player will start automatically, click on yes for VMware agreement.



Click next,then click on Install now.




Tick the box, I accept the license terms.

I clicked on custom install.


Click next.






+


VMware computer restarts


Enter a PC name then click next.


I clicked on Use Express Settings

Enter your email address.

Enter a password, click next.

I clicked on next.






Its yours from here.

No comments: