Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Folder.Jpg Hidden

My Folder.jpg images are hidden or not highlighted, the culprit of wmp12 in my case.

I suspect that windows media player settings  are to blame.

Run windows media player, go to tools then options, then under player, library and privacy untick everything.

I will keep you informed as to whether media player still hides these files even though these settings are not selected.

To fix your current collection and return those folder.jpg back to normal and remove all hidden or system attributes from folder.jpg see below.

Go to Start, then in the search, key in cmd.exe.

Now type the destination of your music.

So the default location is c:\users\yourusername>

My music is in this directory e:/music.

So I typed e:

e:\> will display on the screen

now type cd music

e:\music> will display on the screen

Now type attrib -h -s folder.jpg /s

Should look something like this

e:\music>attrib -h -s folder.jpg /s

This may take some time depending on your collection so be patient

No comments: