Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mouse Is Erratic

As I have said many times before - Try this at your own risk

Your mouse is behaving weird.
You replace the batteries only to find it is still erratic.
You will start to doubt yourself, after while you know that it is indeed faulty

I clicked on tools on Internet explorer, it would sometimes bring up the drop down menu and sometimes not.
Every menu I clicked on, sometimes it worked and other times it didn't.
I would open explorer and click on a folder, the folder would open instantly even though I had set folder options to double click to open.
If I was to go back a folder, the folder was empty or it would go to the my document folder, instead of the previous folder.
I would highlight files, but they wouldn't highlight then they did.
If I was to copy a file it would paste them, but then it would open up a random folder.

This took me Two days but it got sorted.

I started by checking what files were running in Task Manager, but everything looked right.

Hijack this log was also ok

I have quite a few virus programs running on my pc, but nothing picked up the virus.

I ran a variety of free virus programs, but it was still there.

Rebooted to safe mode re-ran the virus programs again, but it was still there.

Downloaded smitfraud - still there.

By this stage I had to believe it was a driver problem, but I didn't want to believe it, so I went to device manager anyway and uninstalled the mouse drivers, then rebooted, but still no luck.

I then downloaded ComboFix.exe

I backed all my important files first

http://www.pchelpforum.com/progress-hijackthis-logs/126272-worm-win32-pushbot-gen-c.html

As in the article I copied combofix.exe to the desktop renamed it to commy.exe

Disabled all antivirus
Rebooted in safe mode
Go to Start, then in the search type  "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel"
From here on, do not touch the PC or run any programs until it is finished.
This was done on a windows 7 - 32bit computer with service pack 1

As I said before try this at your own risk, worked for me

And yes the mouse was back to normal.

If you need more help look up Look up Single click double click in google

No comments: