Thursday, December 1, 2011

Creating New Ifo For Your Damaged Dvd

I had a DVD of my sons birthday party that would not play anymore.
When I viewed the files in exlorer I could play the Vob files but the VTS_01_0.IFO would not copy
I was still able to copy the vob files.
I found a program called IfoEdit v0.971 public free version which created the new ifo files needed to create a new working DVD.

http://www.ifoedit.com/



Run IfoEdit.exe

Click on create IFOs

Under output stream find the destination of the Vob file

Tick the box that says "same as source"

Then OK.

Once finished it will create the files needed for you to re-burn to disk.

If you have more than one Vob file click on the first Vob file.

If the Vob files are not labeled as VTS_01_1.VOB ifoedit will not recognize the file so rename these in the order you want played

EG:
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_4.VOB

You can then re-author the DVD in Shrink if you really need to.


No comments: