Sunday, May 22, 2011

Media Player 12 Will Not Update Library

Windows 7 ultimate

I deleted all me songs due to errors with media player 12 changing my folder.jpg picture sizes

When I ran media player it started to delete the library as expected.

I then placed 1artist and album in the folder and ran media player again, it locked up, would not do anything.

I went to file then manage libraries deleted the old library then added it again, then went to apply media changes still nothing.

I started again copying back over from backup while I was out for the day

When I got back this is what I did.

1) Closed media player

2) Went to  Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services then scrolled down to Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and pressed stop.

3) Make your way to C:\Users\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player
The easiest way is Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories then Run
A textbox will come up enter %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player
press enter

4) The media player folder has A few .wmdb files, delete these.
   I deleted everything including album cashe, this took while.

5) I then ran media player

6) It started indexing my music
   If not, check to see that you have selected your managed library directory.
   Go to file manage libraries, then music, and make sure your music folder is shown.

   It worked for me hope it worked for you

No comments: