Sunday, May 15, 2011

Insert Word Into Folders And Subfolders

I needed to add "Comp - " to my compilations folder and subfolder.

Eg.  "COMP - 100% hits vol1"

I was using Renamer from by Albert Bertilsson but I was using an old version 5 beta 3.

It works a treat but it would not insert into the subfolders.

I searched for a later version and found version 6 final.

http://www.albert.nu/programs/renamer/default.asp

This did it

Run renamer

Click on Dirs and Recurse

Click on the yellow folder that says "Change directory to scan for files"

Make sure you have not ticked files box

For testing create a folder with a copy of the music you want to change

Press Edit then Insert.

In the Insert field key in say "COMP -" then click ok.

If you look at the new name result you will see that this has worked.

Now to rename, click file then rename.

No comments: