Saturday, May 14, 2011

Copy Folder Name As Album Name

I currently use Tag and Rename, this allows me to do 90 % of all my renaming.

I needed to make sure that all the folder album names were exactly the same as Album name in the tag information.

In tag and rename I would have to copy this one by one and place in the multi file tag editor.

To do this in one go I used Mp3tag v2.48, give it a test with a copy of a few folders.

Run Mp3tag, go to file then change directory, select the test folder you made earlier.

This will open all folders and subfolders.

Go to edit select all files.

Go to convert then "Filename - Tag", make sure you pick the right one.

In the format string box key in "%album%\%dummy%" click OK

Do this test a number of times then when you feel it is working try your music.

No comments: